My photo
FARMINGTON, UT, United States
I am a traveler, artist, photographer, writer, and nature lover who likes to be alone. Always ready for an adventure, but often scared to step outside my comfort zone. It's time I face my fears. This blog is about all of that and then some. It's Simply My Life put into words and pictures. It's me discovering me. Come along for the ride!

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A letter to my dog

Dear Puppy, 

You came into my life just when I needed you.  My husband (your daddy) wanted a dog, but I was reluctant.  Eight months prior, my dear kitten had passed away and it still felt like I would somehow be replacing her by getting another fur-baby, but the house was empty without the sounds of pitter-pattering paws.  My heart still hurt, but I needed another baby to love.  

And then there you were.  It didn’t take long for me to find you.  Searching the local shelters on the Internet, I came across your profile.  There was something about your little face staring into the camera that got my attention.  I marked you as a favorite and continued my search, but always came back to you.  I told my husband about 'this dog' I had seen on the Internet, but since we were going on a three week vacation, he didn’t want to look at any dogs until we came back.  

Everyday I checked your profile to see if you were still available for adoption and two days after returning home, I showed him your picture and said, “I want this dog.”  We hadn’t even met you yet, but I just knew you were the one.  We had our play date on a Wednesday and took you home a 1/2 hour later and that was only because it took us that long to get the adoption papers done.  

Now, five months after welcoming you into our home, into our lives, we thank you.  Thank you for making us happy, making us smile, making us laugh, and above all, thank you for allowing us to be your forever mommy and daddy. 

I promise…

…to play fetch with you everyday, even if I am too tired or if it’s raining and cold outside.
…to take you for a walk everyday and explore the world with you.
…to give you hugs and kisses everyday to let you know you are loved.
…to protect you and keep you safe so you may live a long and happy life.
…to feed you good food and keep you healthy so we can grow old together.
…to hold you when you’re scared and reassure you that the coyotes outside can’t get you.
…to be patient with you, even when you wake me up at o’ dark thirty because you want to play.
…to provide a warm bed for you, even if you are a blanket hog.
…to take you on our adventures, even if it’s just to the store, so you are never left alone.
And I promise never to abandon you, even if I have to carry you through the rest of our lives together, I will be with you always.

Thank you Delphine for being you.


-Mommy loves you


"Happiness is a warm puppy." - Charles M. Schulz 



"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers






1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete